SciFlex™ 150-TFF: Semi-Automated Tangential
Flow Filtration (TFF) System
SciFlex is the ideal process development platform for pilot plant &
1. Purification platform for TFF concentration and diafiltration of biopharmaceutical
solutions utilizing disposable solution pathways
2. Accommodates filter cassettes or hollow fiber columns from GE, Millipore,
Pall and Sartorius
3. Economically priced, small footprint (20”x32”) TFF purification system.
4. Pre-assembled, disposable TFF tube manifolds with integrated temperature,
pressure (3) and conductivity sensors are available from SciLog.
5. Connects to off-skid bag-suspension or floor scale (optional) for user-specified
buffer transfer during TFF diafiltration.
6. Connects to electronic flow meter (optional) for user-definable solution
transfer of permeate or bioreactor solution.
7. Automated, comprehensive documentation of all TFF process parameters.
Documents and displays up to 15 TFF processing parameters.
8. OPC available for digital hook-up and information transfer to a customer
TFF Concentration of dilute protein solution can
be readily achieved with the SciFlex 150-TFF system. A dedicated peristaltic
feed pump re-circulates the dilute protein solution through the TFF device.
The selected filter porosity allows only solvent (water) and dissolved
salts to pass through the filter while proteins and other large molecules
remain in the retentate solution. The removal of water causes the gradual
increase in retentate viscosity. In the Constant Pressure Mode, the SciFlex
automatically maintains a selected trans-membrane pressure (TMP) by modulating
the retentate re-circulation rate.
TFF Diafiltration of concentrated protein solution
involves the removal of undesirable electrolyte (dissolved salt) which
is collected as permeate.
Utilizing a dedicated diafiltration pump, the SciFlex replaces the undesirable
electrolyte by an equal volume of exchange buffer.
Approximately five to ten volume exchanges are typically required for
substantial removal of undesirable electrolyte from the concentrated protein
solution. The SciFlex 150-TFF provides automated pressure control, user-selected
alarms as well as automated TFF data collection and trend graphing